Friday, January 7, 2011

STEAMCREAM - Too cute to resist


I was first lured in by Steamcream's super cute packaging when I first laid my eyes on it at Holts. I've been dying to try it out ever since.

Lucky me, received a tin (freedom and discipline, as shown below) in my stocking at Christmas!





The result:

Steamcream is a freshly handmade vegan moisturizer which claims to be effective on all skin types (as it contains many soothing ingredients). From personal experience, I would not recommend this product to those with hyper sensitive skin as it does contain fragrance and would definitely be irritating to some.

The product itself has a very creamy texture. It goes on thick but quickly absorbs leaving your skin soft and hydrated with a luxurious spa like scent (lavender and chamomile to be exact).

The options of design on the tins are too hard to resist and it's the perfect size to bring along in your purse,
for travel and of course a great addition for myself and any other Makeup Artist's kit.

Though it claims you can use it on your hands, face and body  I primarily use it as a hand cream. With the small size of the tin and the amount of moisturizer I soak up in the winter a tin would be gone in no time!

With a price point of $19.00 a tin,  it's definitely worth a try. It is now available at Holt Renfrew and Murale.

Ingredients:
Oatmeal Infusion (Avena sativa), Orange Flower Water (Citrus Aurantium amara), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Cetearyl Alcohol, *Coumarin, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

*Occurs naturally in essential oils
Vegan


No comments:

Post a Comment