Sunday, January 9, 2011

Makeup Book Collection

This Christmas I was lucky enough to receive some beautiful, inspiring makeup/photography books to add to my collection. As I was organizing my shelves I though I would share with you some of my favorites!



 





All of the Kevyn Aucoin books are filled with celebrity transformation, amazing beauty tips and personal images from his fashion and editorial work. The only one that I am missing in my collection is Makeup is Art, unfortunately it is out of print and all of the copies I have found are super expensive! Alas one day I may be lucky enough to own it, but for right now I am just putting it on my wish list!




Filled with theatrical, whimsical, runway Polaroids of top models throughout the years, this book gives you a sneak peek at what kind of creativity goes into makeup for the runway.




Top beauty pro's give us insider tricks of the trade for a flawless application. The full pages of stunning photographs, cover everything you need to know for a head to toe makeover.




This much anticipated book lets us in on some of Scott Barnes signature looks that he has created for the world's top celebrities.



When I opened this up at Christmas I was BEYOND ecstatic! This powerhouse duo of Makeup Artist Alex Box and photographer Rankin created such an original, awe-inspiring book it will definitely leave you speechless and appreciate the power of makeup.





This book was also must have on my list this year. Authors Jana Ririnui, and Lan Nguyen filled this book with imaginative images ranging from body to underwater makeup.





No comments:

Post a Comment